Friday, January 01, 2016

Things I Resolve To Do This Year - a New Year's resolutions poem

Things I Resolve To Do This Year
by
Greg Pincus

Write lots.
Read tons.
Exercise.

Give back.
Show love.
Compromise.

Question.
Challenge.
Stick to facts.

Practice
Random
Kindness acts.

Speak up.
Fear less.
Boldly leap.

Work hard.
Be good.
Get more sleep.


Happy New Year, first of all! And that the year begins with Poetry Friday has to be a good omen, I figure. You can see the first Roundup of the year over at A Year of Reading... and look forward to 51 more before 2016 comes to a close (extra day and all!).

I wish you all a year full of peace, joy, good health... and the perfect number of desserts.

And if you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


8 comments:

Diane Mayr said...

"Stick to facts." With the 2016 election circus, we'll see how many other people follow your lead! Happy New Year!

Ruth said...

You've got good resolutions there! Happy New Year!

Margaret Simon said...

Where have you been, my friend. I love your list of resolutions. I think I'll borrow them all.

Anonymous said...

I like your resolve, Greg!

Carol said...

Great resolutions here! I love the way you grouped them- it flows really well.

April Halprin Wayland said...

Hey, Greg ~ thanks for getting me to think about these...

I found these online and am stealing them:

My resolutions are:
1) Stop making lists
B) Be more consistent
7) Learn to count

xox

Patricia Grasher said...

Love your poem.

Jen Robinson said...

Looks like a great list, Greg, and well-presented :-) Happy New Year!